Friday, June 22, 2012

Prayer + Request + Gratitude (PRG)

"Prayer + Request + Gratitude (PRG)
By Samantha B. Fox Spring 2012,
      ~Prayer: Prayer is way of talking to God. It should be conversation between you and God. In  prayer you my ask God for something or thank him for something or even just talk to him.
      ~Request: When I pray I often say 'Lord please help me...", or "Jesus could you please..." "God please please..." "Father please keep..." All of which we request. Asking God for things is fine. God wants you to talk to Him. But do you thank God?
      ~Gratitude: If you ask God for help, we'll say... eight times, and God gives you that help, do you thank him eight times? Do you thank God s many times as you ask him? I don't. I really want to, and I'm working on it.
       It just made me think, if we want God to listen when we ask him 15 times, we should thank him 15 times, if not more!"

This made me think. After all my family went through, it just made me wonder. My family went through a lot, and we prayed a lot! But did I thank Him as much as I asked? After reading this, I decided to make it a point to thank Him.

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you will comment! You don't have to be a member, anyone and everyone can comment!